Folder Lock description
Password protect and lock your files and folders from others in seconds
Folder Lock is a fast file-security software that can lock, hide or encrypt any number of files, folders, pictures and documents in seconds. It is fast, reliable, portable and convenient.
Folder Lock it makes your files undeletable, hidden and highly secure, hides files from kids, friends and co-workers, safeguards them from viruses, trojans, worms and spyware, protects them from networked computers, cable users and hackers. Folder Lock is a computer software application that password protects and locks your personal files and folders.
Files can also be protected on USB Flash Drives, Memory Sticks, CD-RW, floppies and notebooks. Protection works even if files are taken from one PC to another on a removable disk, without the need to install any software.
You can optionally lock and/or encrypt files & folders. It can even lock your PC. It locks files on kernel level, Windows Explorer and even real DOS Mode, Works on Windows 2003/XP/2000/NT/Me/98 and all kinds of disk types like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS; EFS. Folder Lock is the most downloaded file-security software to-date.
Here are some key features of “Folder Lock”:
· Users have an option whether to Lock, Scramble or Encrypt, choices useful for both power users and casual users. Those who want ultimate security, can choose encrypiton. those who want ultimate speed, can choose locking.
· There’s no longer the hassle of encrypting each and every file on different locations. Think how much time you will save simply by putting all your files and folders in one location. Convenient encryption and decryption happens on-the-fly.
· Locking is exceptionally fast – two seconds to protect a gigabyte or more of data using five different methods. Scrambling renames, scrambles and locks each and every file on kernel level. Encryption uses the strong industry standard 256-bit Blowfish technology to encrypt and lock your files for maximum protection.
· The Folder Lock program folder (which, by default, is C:Program FilesFolder Lock) can’t be deleted and can’t be uninstalled without the correct password.
· Users who want to protect files on multiple locations on their hard disk, not just on the C: drive, can easily protect their files on another partition by copying
the Folder Lock install EXE program file to that drive.
· Protected files are safe in Windows Mode, DOS Mode, Safe Mode and even if your computer is re-booted from a floppy or a bootable CD. With its break-through technology, Folder Lock protects files on all Windows platforms even when you switch from one Windows platform to the another.
· Secure and very strong Encryption. A strong industry standard 256-bit BLOWFISH Encryption is used to encrypt your files for maximum protection. Which is one of the most trusted encryption alogrithms. This not only locks but also encrypts each and every file.
· Folder Lock is the only file security software that is fully portable and can even protect CD-RW, not just USB Flash Drive, Memory Stick and floppy disks. To protect data on these drives, you can simply copy the program folder of ‘Folder Lock’ to that drive, run the program, enter your correct password and keep your files in the ‘Locker’ it creates. Therefore, Folder Lock is fully portable, take it anywhere.
· Locked files are Windows platform independent. Files protected on Windows XP will also be locked and protected on Windows 98.
· Folder Lock works flawlessly on all 32-bit flavors of Windows, i.e. Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000/NT/Me/98 and 2003 server. Also has no compatibility issues and works perfectly on all types of disk drives including FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and EFS.
· Brute force cracking is not possible, since the program waits for some time once the invalid password has been entered. This will prevent hackers who may try many different combinations of passwords to get through your files. The program also produces a harsh beep when an incorrect password is entered, to alert the administrator.
· Doesn’t saves the password to the registry or the disk, so that you can move the program on portable media from one computer to another, and it will continue to prompt you to enter your correct password. Unlike other programs that ask for you to set new password.
· It has an AutoLock feature, this allows users to set a specific time for the files to be locked at a certain time of mouse inactivity. For instance lets say a user is watching a slide show of images that are kept in the locker and have set a time of 3 hours. This will enable him to lock his files automatically after this time.
· User can also choose to ‘Lock PC’ after a certain time, (requires a password to unlock PC) This feature locks pc on all windows version including windows XP, nothing happens if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+TAB or CTRL+ESC etc. (a dutch company is selling only this feature for $190)
· Users can also Shutdown, Reboot or Log off their computer after a certain time, after locking files automatically.
· Folder Lock erases tracks of users when they click the lock button. It deletes recent document history, find file and folder history and the data in clipboard – all essential for users who demand the best in privacy and security.
· Protects important files from viruses, hackers, crackers, trojans, malware, spyware, worms, malicious programs and scripts. Protects files from network computers if you do not want to share files on network. Also protects files from hacker tools when you connect to the internet.
· Protected files are totally hidden and locked, unrenameble, undeletable, unmovable and totally inaccessible. Protects any number of files, even if you have terabytes of files. And protects any format of files, no problem if they are JPG, DOC, PDF, XLS or any other format.
· With its reduced file size and compact design, Folder Lock takes only 2.5 MB of hard disk space – small, portable and easy to keep. Thanks to the latest compression techniques. The GUI and interface is so well designed, it looks like an integral part of Windows XP.
· Folder Lock is the only locking software that doesn’t have to run at all times. Moreover, it doesn’t save anything to the registry/run so that users do not have any memory problems or stability problems with the program.
· Pentium III or higher
· 256 MB Ram or higher.
· 2 MB of hard disk space only.
· 1024×768 screen resolution (looks great!).
· 16-bit or higher Color Quality.
· Sound Card for sounds.
· At least Pentium II
· 32 MB Ram at least.
· 2 MB of hard disk space at least.
· 480×640 screen resolution at least.
· 256 Color Quality at least