Virtual CloneDrive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive, however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD drive.
Probably the best virtual drive software, Virtual CloneDrive allows you to enjoy the freedom of a virtual drive and is completely free.
– Supports all common image formats such as *.ccd; *.dvd; *.img; *.iso; *.udf…
– Supports upto 8 virtual drives at the same time
– Easy to use – just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
– Virtual CloneDrive Setup for Windows 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, XP and Vista (32-bit).
– Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost.
Changes in Virtual CloneDrive 22.214.171.124: 2007 10 28:
– New: Support for Windows Vista (32-bit only)