Tally 9 Features
General Features : –
Concurrent Multi-lingual capability – allows you to expand your business beyond geographical boundaries without worrying about language barriers. You can maintain your accounts in one language, view reports in another language and send invoices to your customers in yet another language, all at the press of a button.
Payroll – lets you automate the management of your employee records including visa and employment contract management. This feature also offers automatic calculation of salaries and payslip generation.
Job Costing – enables you to generate profitability statements for each project executed, including financial and material resource apportionments, wherever applicable.
POS Invoicing – allows faster data entry and printing on 40 column continuous stationery. It also provides barcode support.
Flexible Financial Periods – allows you to break away from inflexible accounting years and perform all accounting functions in Tally for time-periods that suit your convenience.
Unlimited Companies – allows you to create and maintain up to 99,999 companies, concurrently.
Data Synchronisation – helps you synchronise and update data across multiple locations. This enables fast and easy exchange of business information, between offices and branches, across various geographies.
Consolidation of Companies – enables grouping of companies and provides consolidated reports. Changes done in any constituent or branch company are automatically updated in the grouped information.
Unlimited levels of classification – facilitates ledger classification and re-classification as required. It also enables easy viewing and analysis of information; thus helping you make informed decisions.
Advanced MIS – helps you compare information in order to understand and analyse performance levels for various periods or divisions. It helps you study and understand the buying patterns of customers, so that you can channel your resources to specific segments, periods or customers. It also helps you analyse cash flow situations.
Drill Down Facility – helps you drill down or instantly update from any report – starting from the Balance Sheet down to Vouchers, or vice versa.
Accounting without CODES – lets you define unlimited levels of classification, with regular names (no more inconvenient account codes), so that you can manage the most complex ledgers with ease.
Unified Ledgers – integrates your general, sales and purchase ledgers into a single ledger, organised in groups, for easy management.
Complete Bookkeeping – enables you to record all types of transactions including receipts, payments, income and expenses, sales and purchases, debit notes, credit notes, adjustment journals, memorandum journals and reversing journals. Transaction data entry through unique voucher entry is easy and flexible to configure, for diverse types of transactions.
Comprehensive Accounting – lets you instantly obtain your balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash and funds flows, trial balances, and others.
Multi-currency Accounting – offers you flexibility of multiple currencies in the same transaction and allows viewing of all reports in one or more currency. Tally meets the fundamental criteria set out for EMU handling.
Receivables and Payables – enables you to:
• Dynamically allocate payments against invoices with reference to due dates
• Get reports that are classified, grouped, and aged to your definitions
• Generate customisable reminders, for overdues
Payment Performance of Debtors – helps you identify troublesome debtors and persistent late payers, thereby helping you take the right decision.
Ratio Analysis – offers you a bird’s eye view of your company, through a single sheet performance analysis, based on a range of key performance ratios.
Generate Quotations, Orders, Invoice, Voucher and Cheque Printing – ensures real-time linking of accounts and inventory besides enabling instantaneous generation of documents, which can either be printed or mailed directly to the recipient.
Budgeting – gives you unlimited budgets and periods. For example, original and revised budgets.
Security Control – enables you to define security levels for access control.
Powerful Audit capabilities – allows you to track malafide changes, while making genuine corrections with unparalleled ease.
“Scenario” management – helps you with your business forecasting and planning. You can use optional, reversing journals and memorandum vouchers, to aid in recording provisional entries that are useful for interim reports. For example, you can use optional vouchers to record provisional sales and compare with actuals. You can also prepare reports that include provisional figures, without affecting actual accounts, by using automatic reversing journals.
Unlimited Cost/Profit Centres with power project oriented reporting – gives you multi-dimensional analysis and comparatives, with an unlimited classification of analysis criteria.
Interest Calculation – enables you to calculate interest on dues, loans etc., based on certain set criteria or specified dates and time periods. You can also customise the calculation of interest to change after a certain time period, or based on other pre-defined conditions.
Multi-location Stock Control – helps you manage simple single-location, or complex multi-location stocks, with unlimited classification systems for your items, and your own units of measure.
Multiple-location Warehouse Management – helps you track stock movement; allowing you to decide which warehouse to ship from depending on stock position.
Flexible Units of Measure – helps you track stock, irrespective of the units of measure. For example, when you buy in tons and sell in kilograms or buy in crates and sell as pieces.
Comprehensive recording of stock movement – lets you comprehensively record all sorts of inventory transactions, using the inventory voucher forms. Vouchers include goods receipt notes, delivery notes, stock journals, manufacturing journals and physical stock journals. All stock movements are fully recorded and maintained in stock registers.
Varieties of Management Reports – gives you party-wise details of goods bought and sold and helps you identify customer buying patterns, through movement analysis. Stock query is a unique single sheet report that gives you information on stocks at different locations, as well as stock in hand of substitutes.
Stock Ageing – identifies stocks based on age, thus helping you to dispose off old stocks quickly.
Batch-related Stock Reports – helps you exercise stock control at the level of batches, by generating reports such as ‘batch-wise’ reports and ‘expiry date’ based details.
Comprehensive Order Status Reports – ensures that you stay on top of your stocks order position. You can also specify re-order levels in absolute quantities, or based on previous consumption.
Sales & Purchase Orders – enables you to record orders with a complete cycle of recording and allocation through inventory deliveries, invoicing and accounting – maintaining the trail right through. Single sheet reports give you details of current stocks, orders due for delivery, orders due for receipt, or shortfalls, if any. You can also get party-wise or item-wise details of orders outstanding and/or fulfilled.
Invoicing – allows you to print, export, e-mail or publish sales invoices that are produced, directly from Tally. This comprehensive invoicing system allows flexible handling of charges and taxes. You can choose from different invoice formats and adopt them as your own, or have a completely different layout designed.
Multiple Stock Valuation – allows you to choose from different types of valuation methods, including ‘First in First out’, ‘Age Cost’, ‘Last in Last out’, ‘Standard’, among others.
Reorder Levels – allows for user-defined Reorder levels for any given period thus helping you avoid excess stocking of items while ensuring that you don’t run out of essential stock.
Multiple Price Levels – allows you to pre-define item rates for specific categories of customers, enabling faster and error-free invoicing and data entry.
Other Unique Features
Cutting-edge Technology – Tally 9 has achieved major technological breakthroughs to enable you to benefit from collaborative technology such as, protocol support for HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, ODBC, and Raw Sockets, with data interchange formats like XML, HTML, SOAP, SDF and related formats, rule-based collaboration supporting export, upload and synchronisation. Built on the path-breaking concurrent multi-lingual, multi-user platform, Tally 9 is powered by a highly optimised Object Oriented Database Engine.
OpenTally – lets you create your format in any ODBC compliant software like MS-Word or MS-Excel, and then pull data from Tally, to create any report you want. You can even generate your export documentation by pulling data from Tally.
MailTally – enables you to easily e-mail invoices, purchase orders or any other documents, to your customers, suppliers or associates. You can also save time and costs of printing and postage by emailing reminder letters, statement of accounts etc.
XML Tally – enables you to exchange information with non-Tally systems so that you can share data across locations and make your workflow seamless.
Online Help – offers you ‘Context Sensitive Help’. Just press the ‘Help’ button while in Tally, and it will bring up the relevant topic.
Print Preview – lets you check report formats and layouts before actually printing.
Direct access to the internet – lets you directly access and browse the web from within
The Tally 9 Advantage
Tally 9 is the ultimate business solution, designed to meet the growing needs of your business. When you use Tally 9, you will see clear business benefits accrue right from the start. The following are the powerful advantages that you can enjoy with this versatile and robust solution:
• Expand your business – with the concurrent multi-lingual capability and multi-currency features that allow you to transact beyond geographical boundaries, without language barriers
• No need to hire specialised resources – since Tally 9 is very simple to learn and the easy interface enables you to navigate the software without difficulty
• Blazing Speed – provides you with the information you want – FAST
• Unmatched Scaleability –Tally 9 adapts to the current and future needs of your business, irrespective of its size or style
• Sheer Power – Tally 9 has the ability to handle huge volumes of transactions without compromising on speed or efficiency
• Real-time access to information – enables quick decision through fast and easy sharing of data from Tally
• Better cash flow and savings on interest – by using the ‘receivables and payables’ management feature, to help you ensure on-time collections and generate reminder letters
• Amazing Accuracy – Tally 9 provides user-definable templates for fast, accurate data entry
• Manage your future dealings with bad debtors and persistent defaulters – using the payment performance of debtors feature, to identify them
• Faster and error-free invoicing and data entry – using the multiple price levels feature to pre-define item rates for specific categories of customers
• Identify products with high or low margins – with the profitability analysis feature, that provides you with product-wise and invoice-wise profitability
• Avoid stocking excess items and ensure that you don’t run out of essential stock – by using the reorder feature, to set reorder levels for any given period
• Better planning and dramatic improvement in co-ordination of your operations with reduced paperwork – as a result of using the integration across functions feature
• Reduce costs and increase productivity – using features such as inventory management, receivables and payables management etc.
• Accurate information tracking, quicker data entry and retrieval – thanks to the integrated system that ensures real-time linking of accounts and inventory
• Get a better understanding and analysis of performance levels for various periods and divisions – with the advanced MIS feature
• Enjoy better planning and forecasting – using sophisticated analytical tools that help you forecast and examine possible scenarios, and give you the ability to view provisional reports
• Save time and reduce paperwork – by automating your Payroll process with the Payroll Feature in Tally 9