ZTreeWin is a text-mode file/directory manager for all versions of Windows 95 and later 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP & Vista.
It has been developed as the successor to the legendary DOS file-manager XTreeGold ™, which its owners have abandoned in today’s GUI-centric computing world.
Anyone who has used that remarkable program would be aware of its superior capabilities as a text-mode, tree-structured file-manager – but would also likely be aware that its limited memory support, and lack of long filename support are today a major issue.
ZTreeWin is a 32-bit Windows program that has been developed to provide all the powerful functionality of the past (and much more!), while avoiding the limitations of the old DOS-based program. A few advantages of ZTreeWin:
* No 640K memory barrier…log an unlimited number of disks and files
* Support for long file and directory names
* Full support of third-party archivers, with most popular programs preconfigured out of the box.
Here is just a sample of the enhancements in v1.70:
* Compare files by size or contents to find duplicates
* Navigate directly to the next or previous logged (or unlogged) directory
* Open a file in an archive without having to first extract it
* Split screen mode now supports independent sort criteria
* Treespec – F6 Windows folders – List of user profile/system directories