DU Meter 4.01 is a maintenance release. I does not introduce any major new features, however it provides compatibility updates for Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008, as well as fixes for numerous issues discovered since the release of version 4.0. This update is free for all current DU Meter 4.0 users. Among many issues fixed in 4.01 release are:
* Numerous issues in DU Meter service fixed, resulting in more robust startup and automatic restart of the service if needed.
* Failure to start in DU Meter monitor has been resolved.
* Several issues related to backup and restore functions are corrected.
* Stopwatch overflow on large data transfers corrected.
* Several instances of DU Meter on taskbar – fixed.
* Export of reports was missing last day or hour in some cases – fixed.
* Numerous speed optimizations for lower CPU consumption.
* Interference with DU Meter startup options if running on Vista with DU Meter sidebar enabled is fixed.
* Incorrect resizing of very small or very large DU Meter windows is fixed.
* Modified service dependency for faster startup.
* Dial-Up/VPN connection time on Vista was incorrect – fixed.
* Compatibility updates for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3.
* Compatibility updates for Windows Server 2008.