EXE Password Protector is a system utility that allows you to password-protect any Windows executable file. Whenever you try to open protected executable file you will see the prompt that asks you to enter the valid password so only person who knows the correct password can launch this file. Once the executable is protected, you may copy this file to another computer and it stays protected no matter what operating system this computer runs. Such behavior is achieved by adding a special code to your executable file (approximately 100 kb), implementing a true, system-independent protection mechanism
Password adding and removing is very simple. EXE Password Protector provides dialog-based wizards that guide you through the steps of selecting the necessary file and setting/removing the password. One of the important features EXE Password Protector provides is a fail-safe protection. For your own safety sake you cannot set password-protection for the system-critical files which may lock your Windows OS from booting. Additionally, you can create backups of your original files to make sure you won’t get into troubles in case you forget the password.
Removing password-protection from executable file will restore its original state. We guarantee you that no harm will be done to your files!
EXE Password Protector is targeted for those people, who share the same computer with others and want to protect sensitive applications from an unauthorized usage.
Read more about EXE Password Protector at our new website devoted to Eltima security software.
What’s new :
* Demo license limitations are changed
* Several minor bugs are fixed
Full features list :
* Protect any Windows EXE file by setting the password (16/32/64-bit binary executable files are supported)
* Set/remove password on-the-fly using user-friendly wizards
* Protect file on local or network drives
* Fail-safe protection is provided to make sure that you won’t lock your operating system
* Absolute integrity after you remove the password (file will be identical to the original one)
* Protection is implemented directly on the file, without dubious background process protection
* Password may contain up to 50 characters
* No reboot is required after installation and setting/removing password-protection
* Launch protected/unprotected file directly within EXE Password Protector for testing purposes
* Create backup copy of the original EXE for the peace of mind
* Extensive description of every step you will have to go though guarantees you an easy start
* Truly user-friendly interface
Size : 1.8 MB