WinHex v15.0 SR-2
WinHex v15.0 SR-2|1.37MB
WinHex is a universal hexadecimal editor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics, data recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security. An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from hard drives with corrupt file systems or from digital camera cards.
– Disk editor for hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROM & DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash, …
– Powerful directory browser for FAT, NTFS, Ext2/3, ReiserFS, CDFS, UDF
– RAM editor, providing access to other processes’ virtual memory
– Data interpreter, knowing 20 data types
– Editing data structures using templates (e.g. to repair partition table/boot sector)
– Concatenating and splitting files, unifying and dividing odd and even bytes/words
– Analyzing and comparing files
– Particularly flexible search and replace functions
– Disk cloning, with a specialist license also under DOS
– Drive images & backups (optionally compressed or split into 650 MB archives)
– Programming interface (API) and scripting (professional & specialist licenses only)
– 128-bit encryption, checksums, CRC32, hashes (MD5, SHA-1, …)
– Erase (wipe) confidential files securely, hard drive cleansing to protect your privacy
– Import all clipboard formats, incl. ASCII hex values
– Convert between binary, hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S
– Character sets: ANSI ASCII, IBM ASCII, EBCDIC, (Unicode)
– Instant window switching. Printing. Random-number generator.
– Supports files >4 GB. Very fast. Easy to use.