K-Lite Codec Pack 4.1.0
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even some rare formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
* All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
* It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
* The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
* For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
* It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
* It has been very well tested. The pack doesn’t contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
* It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
* The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
* There are different packages. From small to extra-large.
* The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
Changelogs for K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
Changes K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.1.0 | (2008-07-2:
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 126.96.36.199 rev. 72
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2055
* Downgraded Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 188.8.131.528 because a few people were having trouble with the newer version
* Updated AC3Filter to version 1.51a
* Updated x264VFW to revision 913
* Updated DirectVobSub to version 2.39
* Removed Indeo audio codec
* Removed Indeo IVF source filter
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.7.4
* Added an index to the FAQ
* Minor changes
Changelog 3.9.5 -> 4.0.0 | (2008-07-07)
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 184.108.40.206 rev. 55
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2035
* Updated DivX to version 6.8.3
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 220.127.116.110
* Updated x264VFW to revision 889
* Updated LAME MP3 ACM codec to version 3.98
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.7.3
Changelog 3.9.0 -> 3.9.5 | (2008-06-03)
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 18.104.22.168 rev. 53
* Updated ffdshow to revision 1980
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 22.214.171.1248
* Removed CoreAAC
* Added MONOGRAM AAC decoder version 0.9.5.0
* Removed CDDA Reader
* Updated x264VFW to revision 839
* Updated RealMedia components to version 126.96.36.1996
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.7.1
* Minor changes
Changelog 3.8.5 -> 3.9.0 | (2008-04-15)
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 188.8.131.52 rev. 49
* Updated ffdshow to revision 1937
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 184.108.40.2063
* Updated madFLAC to version 1.8
* Updated Haali Media Splitter to version 220.127.116.11
* Updated DivX encoder to version 18.104.22.168
* Updated x264VFW to revision 808
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.6.3
* Changed default DivX decoder to ffdshow (on Win2000/XP)
Changelog 3.8.0 -> 3.8.5 | (2008-0-25)
* Updated Media Player Classic to version 22.214.171.124 rev. 47
* Updated ffdshow to revision 1909
* Updated DC-Bass Source to version 1.1.1
* Updated MONOGRAM AMR filter to version 126.96.36.199
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.6.1
* Updated x264vfw to revision 786
* Some file association improvements
* Minor changes
Changelog 3.7.5 -> 3.8.0 | (2008-02-25)
– Updated Media Player Classic to version 188.8.131.52 rev. 40
– Updated ffdshow to revision 1872
– Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 184.108.40.2067
– Removed obsolete Fraunhofer MP3 decoder
– Added MediaInfo 0.7.5.9
– Removed Avifixed tool
Changelog 3.7.0 -> 3.7.5 | (2008-02-05)
– Updated Media Player Classic to version 220.127.116.11 revision 36
– Updated ffdshow to revision 1846
– Updated Xvid to version 1.2 build 2008-01-10
– Updated x264VFW to revision 736bm
– Updated DC-Bass Source
– Updated FLV splitter
– Removed CoreAVC